The most common non-surgical cosmetic procedure today is injection with Botulinum Neurotoxin type A to minimize facial wrinkles. Last year over 6 million injections were performed for cosmetic facial rejuvenation. The products approved for cosmetic use in the US are Botox (Allergan, Inc.) and Dysport (Medicis, Inc.) and Xeomin (Merz, Inc.). In 1992, an ophthalmologist used Botulinum toxin to treat a patient for eyelid twitching. He noted, as a side effect, the facial wrinkles around the injection site were diminished. The start of injecting for facial rejuvenation was born.
While Dysport, Xeomin, and Botox use a similar type of purified protein, there are distinct differences between the two. Xeomin is often referred to as “naked Botox,” as it has none of the additives found in Botox or Dysport. This means that patients are less likely to develop antibodies to the product. Xeomin results are very similar to Botox, emerging over the course of a week and lasting an average of 3 or 4 months.
The major difference among the three products is the concentration; so more Dysport needs to be injected to achieve a similar result to Botox or Xeomin. Therefore, the units injected for the three products are not interchangeable. It is important to know both the price per unit as well as the number of units used to determine the cost for the treatment.
Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are injected in minute amounts requiring pinpoint accuracy by the injector, so that wrinkles can be softened without affecting natural facial expression. Thin needles are used to minimize discomfort during injection. Treatments for wrinkle reduction can usually be performed in under 15 minutes, require no anesthesia, and have no down time.
Once the injections are performed, wrinkle reduction may take three to seven days to become fully effective. Xeomin, Botox and Dysport are not permanent. These treatments last about 4 to 6 months. Injections may be repeated when wrinkles begin to reappear to maintain the rejuvenated look.
Smiling, frowning, and squinting can cause facial wrinkles. Dysport, Xeomin, and Botox injections offer safe, quick, and effective treatments to smooth wrinkles. The most common areas treated for wrinkle reduction include:
• Forehead Creases
• Wrinkles between the eyebrows
• Crow’s feet
• Neck Wrinkles
• Fines lines around the upper and lower lips
In addition they can be used to
• Lessen puffiness under the eyes
• Diminish down-turned corners of the mouth
When considering either Botox or Dysport to treat facial wrinkles make sure
• The injection is performed by a physician or someone directly under a physician’s supervision
• The person injecting has been specially trained and has experience in performing injections
At Galumbeck Plastic Surgery, I perform all the injections myself.
Used correctly Xeomin, Dysport and Botox are a quick and effective way to diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
- How To Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - July 20, 2019
- Is Fall The Best Time For Plastic Surgery In Virginia Beach? - July 10, 2019
- What Is Popular In Plastic Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - June 20, 2019
- What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery In Virginia Beach - June 10, 2019
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019