Breast augmentation is the most popular cosmetic surgery performed today. Prior to 2012 liposuction was the most common cosmetic procedure performed. In 2012 the number one cosmetic procedure in the US was breast augmentation. In Virginia Beach, breast augmentation continues to be one of the most common cosmetic surgical procedures requested.
Breast augmentation is the surgical procedure in which an implant is placed to increase the fullness and projection of the breast as well as to correct asymmetry. Cosmetic breast augmentation is performed to increase breast volume after weight loss, pregnancy, and breast feeding.
In 2012 330,000 breast augmentations were performed in the United States, an increase of 6% over 2011 and up over 35% from 2000.
72% of breast augmentation performed was with silicone implants. Over 90% of women who had the procedure were between the ages of 19 and 50. 93% of the women who underwent breast augmentation felt it was worth it.
THe next few blog posts will look at the options for breast augmentation.
Data courtesy of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery
- How To Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - July 20, 2019
- Is Fall The Best Time For Plastic Surgery In Virginia Beach? - July 10, 2019
- What Is Popular In Plastic Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - June 20, 2019
- What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery In Virginia Beach - June 10, 2019
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019