What is keeping you from being comfortable and confident with your body? For many, excess skin around the abdomen is the answer. No amount of exercise or dieting will re-elasticise your stretched out skin. For men and women who have lost a large amount of weight, this skin can be especially frustrating. If this sounds like your experience, you may be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery. Near Virginia Beach, Dr. Matthew Galumbeck offers this increasingly popular surgery to give his patients more freedom and confidence in themselves. Learn more about tummy tucks by reading below.
What Is A Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the stomach. Oftentimes, weak underlying muscles are also repaired. The result is a flatter stomach, better body contour, and a more proportionate look overall. This procedure is ideal for those who are in good health, but have excess skin that they want to eliminate. To learn more about the specifics of tummy tucks, watch this video.
Tummy Tuck Recovery
A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure, and you should expect to set aside adequate time for recovery. Galumbeck Plastic Surgery offers a fully accredited operating suite so that patients are able to have their surgery performed in the safety and privacy of Dr. Galumbeck’s office. This also allows patients to return home soon after their procedure. While individual experiences may vary, most patients are able to return to work and social activities 7-10 days after a tummy tuck. It is important to adhere to Dr. Galumbeck’s instructions for recovery, including medications to take, how to care for your incision, and when to resume activities like exercise. If you think you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck near Virginia Beach, call Dr. Galumbeck today to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Tummy Tuck As Part Of A “Mommy Makeover”
Tummy tuck is often performed as part of a combination surgery known as a mommy makeover. This procedure is highly customizable and can be based on each patient’s specific needs. However, some procedures are commonly associated with mommy makeovers because they address areas that are affected by pregnancy and breastfeeding. These events have a profound effect on women’s bodies, including stretching out the abdominal skin, separating the muscles of the abdominal wall, and reducing the volume in the breasts. A mommy makeover usually includes a tummy tuck with liposuction, breast lift, and/or breast augmentation. Mommy makeovers are a good option for women who want to address multiple areas of the body in a single surgery. Be aware that recovery from a mommy makeover is not the same as tummy tuck recovery. Make sure you talk through the specifics of recovery with Dr. Galumbeck, including which compression garments you will need and when you will be cleared to exercise and lift heavy objects.
- Liposuction: Dr. Galumbeck uses laser liposuction to liquify fat in specific areas then remove it via a cannula. To learn more about laser liposuction click here.
- Breast Lift: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can increase the size of the breasts naturally, but this increase does not always last and many women are left with sagging breasts. A breast lift removes excess skin and lifts the breasts into a perkier position. A breast lift alone does not increase the size of the breasts, it simply reduces drooping.To learn more about breast lifts click here.
- Breast Augmentation: Some women experience a loss of breast volume after having children. Breast implants are inserted into the breast pockets in order to restore a more youthful shape. Dr. Galumbeck is one of the exclusive plastic surgeons near Virginia Beach to offer the newest breast implant option, the IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant. He has been named an IDEAL IMPLANT Premier Surgeon because of his extensive experience with the implant. To learn more about breast augmentation, click here.
Is A Tummy Tuck Right For You?
If you’re considering a tummy tuck near Virginia Beach, how do you know if it is the right procedure to help you reach your goals? Tummy tucks are a popular option for women around the country for a good reason. A tummy tuck offers permanent results for patients suffering from excess skin, stretch marks, and damage to their abdominal wall. But a tummy tuck isn’t right for everyone. This procedure is not a weight loss solution or a way to conform to someone else’s body image. It is a tool for those who maintain a healthy lifestyle and want a better body contour. Only you and your board-certified plastic surgeon can decide if a tummy tuck is the right path to choose.
If you are considering a tummy tuck, or have questions about the procedure or tummy tuck recovery, make an appointment with Dr. Galumbeck today. Dr. Galumbeck is one of the most experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in the Virginia Beach area. To schedule your complimentary consultation today, call 757-394-8476.
- How To Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - July 20, 2019
- Is Fall The Best Time For Plastic Surgery In Virginia Beach? - July 10, 2019
- What Is Popular In Plastic Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - June 20, 2019
- What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery In Virginia Beach - June 10, 2019
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019