CoolSculpting vs Liposuction – The Procedure
CoolSculpting – The area to be treated is marked. Then a transparent gel pad is placed to protect the skin, and the applicator head is put into position. A vacuum is turned on. Once the bulge is sucked into a cup, two cooling panels numb the area. The fat cell freezing takes about an hour. After an hour, the area is massaged to break up fat cells.
Liposuction – The area to be treated is marked. An anesthetic solution is injected into the area fat. A small cannula, tube, is inserted into the fat and with the assistance of a vacuum the fat is removed, precisely sculpting the area.
CoolSculpting vs Liposuction – The Results
- a noninvasive technology
- no or minimal down time
- less dramatic results compared with liposuction. Only 20-25% of fat reduction
- risks of pain or paradoxical increase in fat
- treatable body part areas is limited by fit of application head
- bulges must be pinchable to fit into cup
- Surgical procedure
- 1-2 day down time
- More aggressive and complete fat reduction
- Better contouring
- More immediate results
- The possibility of simultaneous surgical procedures
A recent study reviewed the effectiveness of cool sculpting of the saddlebag area. Forty women had one of their saddlebags treated and one untreated. According to the authors “at the conclusion of the study, 7 of the 40 subjects received optional equalization treatment to the control thigh. Thirty subjects declined equalization treatment.“
If the treatment was so effective why would 75% of the patients not want to cool sculpt their other thigh for symmetry?
- Plastic Surgery Options: How To Get The Body You Want - December 20, 2018
- IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant Is Among The Best Breast Implants Available - December 10, 2018
- Choosing The Best Plastic Surgeon For Your Procedures - November 20, 2018
- Finding Protection From Breast Augmentation Revision Costs - November 10, 2018
- The Importance of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery Training - October 20, 2018