Cosmetic Surgery 2015
The top 5 cosmetic surgery procedures from the The American Society of Plastic Surgery has recently been released for 2015. Over 1.7 million cosmetic surgery procedures and 15.9 million minimally invasive procedures were performed.
The total number of procedures remained about the same as in 2014. While cosmetic surgery procedures have decreased approximately 10% since 2000, tummy tucks have increased an astonishing 104% Facelift filled the number six position, closely behind tummy tucks.
The data collected was from board certified plastic surgeons who participated in the study sharing their operative data with the American Society of Plastic Surgery. Since 2000 the total number of cosmetic surgery procedures has decreased 10%. Liposuction has decreased 37%, while breast augmentation has increased 31%. I think the most likely explanation for the decrease in liposuction is that physicians other than plastic surgeons are performing the procedure.
Just remember when it comes to your procedure, make sure your physician is a board certified plastic surgeon, who can show you pre and postoperative photographs of patients that he or she has performed the procedure on. Make sure the facility is accredited and that an anesthesiologist is present during the procedure to ensure your safety. While cosmetic surgery is safe and performed millions of times a year, it is still a surgical procedure and needs to be approached with careful thought and planning.
- Plastic Surgery Options: How To Get The Body You Want - December 20, 2018
- IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant Is Among The Best Breast Implants Available - December 10, 2018
- Choosing The Best Plastic Surgeon For Your Procedures - November 20, 2018
- Finding Protection From Breast Augmentation Revision Costs - November 10, 2018
- The Importance of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery Training - October 20, 2018