The FDA has approved a new implant for breast augmentation and breast reconstruction manufactured by Mentor. The implant has a sloping profile, with more projection at the base than at the top. The breast implant is filled with a cohesive silicone gel, so that it will maintain it’s shape.
The Mentor MemoryShape breast implants allow women yet another option to obtain the look and proportion that they want when undergoing breast augmentation.
The Implant is covered with a textured shell. This allows the body’s tissues to adhere to the implant so that the breast will maintain its shape. Visit this post more information about breast implant size and shape.
Prior to FDA approval, these implants were used in over 70 countries worldwide.
As with any breast implant, these memory shape implants can have complications including capsular contracture, implant rippling, and implant rupture.
Only Plastic Surgeons certified with these implants may use them in their Plastic Surgery Practice.
For a complimentary breast augmentation please call our office 757-491-3204 or complete the form below:
- How To Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - July 20, 2019
- Is Fall The Best Time For Plastic Surgery In Virginia Beach? - July 10, 2019
- What Is Popular In Plastic Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - June 20, 2019
- What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery In Virginia Beach - June 10, 2019
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019