The FDA has approved a new implant for breast augmentation and breast reconstruction manufactured by Mentor. The implant has a sloping profile, with more projection at the base than at the top. The breast implant is filled with a cohesive silicone gel, so that it will maintain it’s shape.
The Mentor MemoryShape breast implants allow women yet another option to obtain the look and proportion that they want when undergoing breast augmentation.
The Implant is covered with a textured shell. This allows the body’s tissues to adhere to the implant so that the breast will maintain its shape. Visit this post more information about breast implant size and shape.
Prior to FDA approval, these implants were used in over 70 countries worldwide.
As with any breast implant, these memory shape implants can have complications including capsular contracture, implant rippling, and implant rupture.
Only Plastic Surgeons certified with these implants may use them in their Plastic Surgery Practice.
For a complimentary breast augmentation please call our office 757-491-3204 or complete the form below:
- The Importance of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery Training - October 20, 2018
- Important Facts About Your Breast Implant Options - October 10, 2018
- How Breast Implants Give Confidence - September 20, 2018
- A Guide to Choosing Breast Implants and a Plastic Surgeon - September 10, 2018
- Uneven Skin Tone – How To Treat And Prevent - March 14, 2016