The FDA has approved a new implant for breast augmentation and breast reconstruction manufactured by Mentor. The implant has a sloping profile, with more projection at the base than at the top. The breast implant is filled with a cohesive silicone gel, so that it will maintain it’s shape.
The Mentor MemoryShape breast implants allow women yet another option to obtain the look and proportion that they want when undergoing breast augmentation.
The Implant is covered with a textured shell. This allows the body’s tissues to adhere to the implant so that the breast will maintain its shape. Visit this post more information about breast implant size and shape.
Prior to FDA approval, these implants were used in over 70 countries worldwide.
As with any breast implant, these memory shape implants can have complications including capsular contracture, implant rippling, and implant rupture.
Only Plastic Surgeons certified with these implants may use them in their Plastic Surgery Practice.
For a complimentary breast augmentation please call our office 757-491-3204 or complete the form below:
- Learn About The Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures From The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - January 20, 2019
- Explore Your Breast Implant Options at Galumbeck Plastic Surgery - January 10, 2019
- Plastic Surgery Options: How To Get The Body You Want - December 20, 2018
- IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant Is Among The Best Breast Implants Available - December 10, 2018
- Choosing The Best Plastic Surgeon For Your Procedures - November 20, 2018