How do you choose the right surgeon for your breast augmentation? If you’re searching “plastic surgeons near me” you may be overwhelmed with the options available. How can you determine a surgeon’s skill level and commitment to safety? How can you be sure you will love your results? Your cosmetic procedures should be performed by a surgeon with attention to detail, high standards of safety, and an sense of artistry. Find out why looking for a board-certified plastic surgeon, like Dr. Matthew Galumbeck in Virginia Beach, is the best place to start.
Training In Plastic Surgery: Is It Necessary?
Why do you need a surgeon trained in plastic surgery to perform your breast augmentation? Surgeons who have been trained in other surgical specialties may be able to perform your surgery, but without more specific training, they will not be familiar with the ins and outs of your procedure. They may not know the safest and most efficient way to place breast implants, or how to avoid common complications. A plastic surgeon has completed a residency where they have seen and performed surgeries specific to the field in which they will work. Plastic surgeons have learned techniques and safety measures that other surgeons do not know. You wouldn’t let an optometrist give you heart surgery, so don’t let anyone other than a plastic surgeon perform your cosmetic surgery.
Board-Certification: Why It Matters For Plastic Surgeons
Plastic surgeons in the United States are not required to be board-certified through the American Board of Plastic Surgery. So why should you find a board-certified plastic surgeon? The American Board of Plastic Surgery exists to hold plastic surgeons to a higher standard of care, and provide for certification and continuing education. Women searching for “plastic surgeons near me” should look for this certification as a way to make sure their surgeon is held accountable to these high standards and stays up to date with medical research.
Additionally, cosmetic procedures are typically performed outside the normal medical realm. Cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance companies, and is usually performed in surgical centers instead of hospitals. Surgeons who are in-network with insurance companies are usually required to be board-certified. Many hospitals only hire board-certified surgeons, and require that they maintain superior care with their patients. When you visit a plastic surgeon, it is up to you to check their credentials. Narrowing your search to surgeons who are board-certified will help you pick the best option for your surgery.
Picking Your Surgeon
The following tips will help you narrow down your search for a plastic surgeon.
- Is Your Surgeon Board-Certified: Find out if they are board-certified or board-eligible. Learn if they are members of other medical organizations such as the American Board of Plastic Surgery, or regional organizations.
- Browse Your Surgeon’s Website: Learn about the procedures they offer, look at before and after pictures, and read your surgeon’s bio. All of this information can give you a glimpse into what your surgeon is like.
- Read Reviews: Check websites such as www.realself.com or www.facebook.com to see what patients have said about your surgeon.
- Schedule A Consultation: Finally, schedule a consultation. Learning about a surgeon on the internet is the first step, but there is no substitute for a face-to-face meeting. Your plastic surgeon should listen to your needs and make you feel at ease.
Finding a surgeon that offers the IDEAL IMPLANT Structured Breast Implant can also give you insight into their level of patient care. The IDEAL IMPLANT is only offered by board-certified plastic surgeons who are committed to offering the best options for their patients. IDEAL IMPLANT surgeons have listened to their patient’s concerns and sought out an option that provides both natural results and peace of mind. Some surgeons may be skilled in plastic surgery, but if they don’t listen to their patient’s concerns their patients won’t get the results they want.
Dr Matthew Galumbeck: Superior Results For The Whole Self
Women in and around Virginia Beach, Virginia have access to one of the top plastic surgeons in the nation. Dr. Matthew Galumbeck is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over 25 years of experience. He received his medical degree from Duke University. He completed his residency in general surgery at Case Western Reserve University, and trained in plastic surgery at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Dr. Galumbeck also received advanced training in body contouring in Paris.
Dr. Galumbeck is known for listening to his patient’s concerns and striving to treat their whole selves. He is the founder of Spa Phoenix, the area’s first doctor directed medispa. The spa environment is one he maintains at his plastic surgery office, giving his patients a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. Dr. Galumbeck knows it is important to listen to each individual patient’s wants and needs in order to provide them with the results they are looking for. He was one of the first surgeons in the area to offer the IDEAL IMPLANT, and was recently named an IDEAL IMPLANT Premier Surgeon.
To schedule your plastic surgery consultation with Dr. Galumbeck, call 757-330-8421 today.
- Plastic Surgery Options: How To Get The Body You Want - December 20, 2018
- IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant Is Among The Best Breast Implants Available - December 10, 2018
- Choosing The Best Plastic Surgeon For Your Procedures - November 20, 2018
- Finding Protection From Breast Augmentation Revision Costs - November 10, 2018
- The Importance of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery Training - October 20, 2018