Liposuction Vs Tummy Tuck
Reshaping of the tummy after having kids or weight loss is a popular procedure. But with so many options out there, it is difficult to decide which procedure is best. For liposuction vs tummy tuck, what does each procedure entail? What is the cost of a tummy tuck; what is the price of liposuction? What is the recovery time for liposuction or days out of work for a tummy tuck?
First it’s important to know what a tummy tuck or liposuction can do and who it’s best for.
Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck – Evaluation Of The Abdomen
- Abdominal Fat – Sculpting the abdomen is a key element in both liposuction and
tummy tuck. Both procedures only reshape the fat that is above the tummy muscles. Rule of Thumb- If you can pinch it, you can sculpt it.
- Tummy Muscle – The abdominal muscles, the rectus abdomini muscles are the two central muscles of the tummy that, when toned, can give us a six pack. Between the muscles is a band of tissue that has no elasticity. After pregnancy or weight gain and weight loss, this band stretches. So despite doing thousands of crunches, the tummy bulge is not from muscles that are out of shape, just muscles in the wrong position. Repositioning the tummy muscles and tightening the laxity between them results in a flatter, tighter tummy. This is a key component of a tummy tuck.
- Tummy Skin – With Liposuction, the tummy skin can shrink somewhat, but a tummy tuck removes excess skin, ensuring a firmer, flatter tummy.
Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck – The Procedure
I prefer Cold Laser Liposuction. External cold laser liquefies fat cells with no chance of burning the skin or other tissues. A small cannula is inserted into fat deposit. A low vacuum is used to sculpt the fat. The excess fat is permanently removed.
The tummy tuck includes liposuction to sculpt and remove excess fat. In addition, the tummy muscles are tightened and excess skin is removed. This combination allows for a tight firm abdomen.
Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck – The Recovery
The recovery for liposuction is relatively quick. Most people undergoing liposuction are back to work and social activity is just a few days.
The recovery for a tummy tuck is a bit longer. Most people can resume normal activities in about 1 week and return to strenuous activities in 2 to 3 weeks.
Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck – The Cost
What does liposuction cost? The cost of liposuction is about $3,000 according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This is for the surgeon’s fee only and does not include other associated costs for liposuction such as anesthesia or the operating room. It’s important to know all the fees for plastic surgery procedures.
What does a tummy tuck cost? The cost of a tummy tuck is about $5,500 according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This is for the surgeon’s fee only and does not include other associated costs for a tummy tuck such as anesthesia or the operating room. It’s important to know all the fees for plastic surgery procedures.
Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck – The Results
Liposuction of the abdomen as well as tummy tucks can give great results. Make sure to discuss all of your options with your board certified plastic surgeon. That’s the best way to make sure you get the final result you envision.
- The Importance of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery Training - October 20, 2018
- Important Facts About Your Breast Implant Options - October 10, 2018
- How Breast Implants Give Confidence - September 20, 2018
- A Guide to Choosing Breast Implants and a Plastic Surgeon - September 10, 2018
- Uneven Skin Tone – How To Treat And Prevent - March 14, 2016