Searching “breast augmentation near me”? What exactly does a breast augmentation entail? Many women find it easy to imagine the beautiful, natural looking results of a breast augmentation, but it is also important to know about the surgical process. Knowing what to expect before you begin the process will help you have a better outcome. Read our short guide below to learn about breast augmentations at Galumbeck Plastic Surgery. For a more in-depth look at breast augmentation check out our info page here.
Breast Augmentation: Before Your Procedure
Before your breast augmentation, Dr. Galumbeck will meet with you to learn your aesthetic goals. It is important not to get hung up on a specific size or type of implant, as each individual woman will need something different. To get the results you want, Dr. Galumbeck will review your breast augmentation options. These include:
- Incision Placement: Choose where your incision (and therefore your scar) will be. Choices include in the armpit, around the areola, and in the breast crease.
- Implant Placement: Choose the placement of your breast implant, either above the chest wall muscles or below them.
- Breast Implant Type: Before your breast augmentation surgery in Virginia Beach choose a breast implant that will give you beautiful, natural looking results with peace of mind. Dr. Galumbeck offers saline implants, silicone gel implants, and the new IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant. Compare the different types by visiting this page https://idealimplant.com/compare/.
During And After A Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentations typically take about an hour to complete, though with new techniques Dr. Galumbeck can often shorten the procedure. One technique is endoscopic assistance. An endoscope is used to give Dr. Galumbeck a picture of the breast pocket and allow for precise dissection, smaller incisions, and shorter surgery.
After the implant is placed and the incision closed, you will be taken to a recovery room. Most patients are able to return home the same day. According to Dr. Galumbeck, “recovery from this is usually a couple of days, back to work and social activities. They can take a shower but we don’t want them submerged, like in a pool, for one week. Other than that there are no restrictions.”
For Breast Augmentation Near Me Contact Dr. Galumbeck
When you are ready to take the next step, contact Dr. Galumbeck for a complimentary consultation. Dr. Galumbeck is one of the most experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in Virginia Beach, as well as an IDEAL IMPLANT Premier Surgeon. To get started, call 757-394-8476.
- What Is Popular In Plastic Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - June 20, 2019
- What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery In Virginia Beach - June 10, 2019
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019
- Liposuction In Virginia Beach: Is It Right For You? - May 10, 2019
- Educate Yourself On Breast Implant Safety And Revision Surgery - April 20, 2019