Plastic Surgery Prices
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING FOR?
The demand for cosmetic plastic surgery is always increasing. Last year over 1.8 million cosmetic surgery procedures were performed in the United States. Since Plastic Surgery prices are usually not covered by insurance, it is more important than ever for patients to know what they are paying for.
After evaluation by a board certified Plastic Surgeon, a patient should receive a written price quotation. The Plastic Surgery prices should include
- Surgeon fees
- Material costs (breast implants, etc.)
- Operating room costs (staff salaries, rent, costs of operating machinery)
- Anesthesia related costs
- Any included medications or post-surgical compression devices
- Follow up appointments
- Any postoperative treatments
In the case of plastic surgery gone wrong, always ask about the practice’s policy on revisions. Make sure to ask if there are any other costs for the procedure such as prescriptions.
Most importantly, find out the recovery time for the procedure you are having done. New techniques in cosmetic surgery have dramatically decreased recovery time. Time lost from work is probably the most expensive aspect of undergoing cosmetic surgery.
Plastic Surgery Prices -YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
While the cost of surgery is an important factor to consider, it is also crucial to remember that you will live with outcome of the surgery for the rest of your life. Your highest priority should be on finding the best plastic surgeon that will help you attain your goals.
- Look for a surgeon that you are comfortable with and agree with how he or she plans to perform the surgical procedure.
- Choose a board certified plastic surgeon rather than a doctor from another specialty that performs plastic surgery.
- Choose a surgeon who has an abundance of experience and a variety of before and after plastic surgery pictures for the procedure you want to undergo.
- Ensure that the physician you choose understands the goals you have in mind and agrees that they are realistic and attainable.
- If the procedure requires anesthesia, find out what type of anesthesia is used and whether a physician anesthesiologist will be administering the medication.
- Make sure your surgery will be performed in a properly accredited facility. Galumbeck Plastic Surgery in Virginia Beach is accredited by The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities.
The AAAASF was established in 1980 to develop an accreditation program to standardize and improve the quality of medical and surgical care in ambulatory surgery facilities while assuring the public of high standards for patient care and safety in an accredited facility.
Undergoing cosmetic surgery is a life altering event. Patients are undergoing a physical change as well as a psychological change. Choose wisely, so that you will look as good as you feel.
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019
- Liposuction In Virginia Beach: Is It Right For You? - May 10, 2019
- Educate Yourself On Breast Implant Safety And Revision Surgery - April 20, 2019
- How To Choose Between Breast Augmentation And Breast Lift Surgery In Virginia Beach - April 10, 2019
- Learn About The Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures From The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - January 20, 2019