Preparing for plastic surgery is an important step in your journey toward aesthetic enhancement. For the best results possible, you should take time before your procedure to prepare your body and surroundings. The best way to prepare for your procedure is by talking to your board-certified plastic surgeon. Here are some other ways you can prepare yourself and your surroundings before you schedule a cosmetic procedure.
Prepare Your Body For Surgery
When you visit Dr. Galumbeck for your plastic surgery consultation, bring a list of any medication you take. Although certain medicine and supplements should not be taken close to surgery, do not stop any medication until you are given specific instructions from Dr. Galumbeck. Dr. Galumbeck will explain how each medication affects your body and whether or not you should stop taking it before surgery.
Smoking cigarettes has a well-documented history of causing problems before and after surgery. The American College of Surgeons reports that patients who stop smoking at least 4 weeks before their surgery, and are smoke-free for 4 weeks after, can reduce their risk of wound complications by 50%. For best results, stop smoking at least 6 weeks before your procedure.
Preparing For Plastic Surgery Recovery
Taking time for yourself after your procedure will help you get great results. At Galumbeck Plastic Surgery, your procedure will be performed in our accredited surgical facility, which means you can go home the same day. Before you schedule your surgery, clear time in your calendar to stay at home and rest. If needed, find a trusted friend or family member to watch your children so you can focus on recovery. Downtime after surgery varies, so be sure to talk with Dr. Galumbeck about how long to stay home from work and social activities.
Here are a few suggestions for how to set up your home for recovery:
- Stock your fridge with groceries including healthy meals and snacks.
- Put essentials such as water and prescriptions within arms reach of your recovery spot.
- Gather blankets, pillows, and anything else you need to make your recovery spot comfortable.
Schedule Your Procedure With The Top Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach
At Galumbeck Plastic Surgery, you will be treated as an individual and given a customized treatment and recovery plan. After an examination, Dr. Galumbeck will offer specific ways you can prepare yourself for surgery and beyond. Whether you are looking for injectables or a combination surgery, Dr. Galumbeck will take the time to listen to your needs and recommend the best path forward. Call Galumbeck Plastic Surgery at 757-778-9458 to schedule your complimentary consultation today.
- Non-Invasive Procedures Offered By Cosmetic Surgeons Near Me - September 20, 2019
- Should I Tell My Friends I Had Plastic Surgery In Virginia Beach? - September 10, 2019
- Preparing For Plastic Surgery With Dr. Galumbeck - August 20, 2019
- How To Check For A Ruptured Breast Implant - August 10, 2019
- How To Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - July 20, 2019