In October 1981 the National Coalition Against Violence created The Day of Unity. The intent was to bring together advocates who were working to end violence against women and their children. Annually these advocates sponsored programs mourning those who have died because of domestic violence, celebrating those who have survived, and connecting those who work to end violence.
In October 1987, the first Domestic Violence Awareness Month was observed and the first national toll-free hotline was begun.
In 1989 the first Domestic Violence Awareness Month Commemorative Legislation was passed by the U.S. Congress.
Annually October has been designated as Domestic Violence Awareness month.
The team at Galumbeck Plastic Surgery and Spa Phoenix support this cause. During the month of October, our annual event, Relax and Give Back will donate to support Samaritan House in their efforts to end domestic violence.
in raising awareness about domestic violence and supporting Samaritan House
October 30, 2014
4pm – 8pm
Mini Spa Services
For more information
contact us at 757-491-7142
Enter to win from Galumbeck Beauty:
60 minute Massage
How to Enter:
1.During the month of October, comment below and tell us:
“About a woman who has inspired you.”
2. Like, share or retweet this post.
3. You may enter through 11:59 pm October 31.
4. One lucky winner will be selected at random.
- Learn About The Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures From The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - January 20, 2019
- Explore Your Breast Implant Options at Galumbeck Plastic Surgery - January 10, 2019
- Plastic Surgery Options: How To Get The Body You Want - December 20, 2018
- IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant Is Among The Best Breast Implants Available - December 10, 2018
- Choosing The Best Plastic Surgeon For Your Procedures - November 20, 2018