As active summer days wane with autumn’s arrival, the transition calls for seasonal skin care and repair. Summer skin, in all its tanned, exposed glory, has the appearance of health, but these same signs of participation in outdoor activities – gardening, surfing, golf, tennis – are indicators of damage with short/long term effects.
The goal of skin care during September-October is extending summer’s glow, and
repairing damage to skin.
Tips For Fall Skin Care
Use a non-irritating cleanser that will maintain lipid balance while gently removing excess oil, dirt and makeup.
High relative humidity is a summer climatic factor that’s kind to skin. As autumn takes you indoors to dryer environments, make up the difference by regularly applying moisturizers after bath and shower.
Buttery tanned skin takes on a dull, flaky finish, regardless of your efforts at hydration. Clear away cellular debris with a gentle, effective scrub containing anti-inflammatories and anti-irritants in a jojoba bead laden kaolin white clay base.
This is a critical time to restore collagen, elastin and antioxidants to damaged skin. Look for serums and topical applications containing Vitamin C.
As for skin care products that help to renew and refresh your skin for fall
Look for these active ingredients in transitional skin care products:
- Vitamin C: a powerful antioxidant that promotes the synthesis of collagen and blocks collagen breakdown.
- Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant that protects against ultraviolet radiation and environmental damage while improving the effectiveness of Vitamin C.
- Squalene: an extract of olive oil with powerful anti-oxidant and moisturizing properties.
The best tip of all is to start your fall skin care regimen now!
Great products to rejuvenate your skin is one step in the right direction.
The other step is to get professional help. In Virginia Beach, Spa Phoenix Spa and Salon is the only place you need to go for younger, healthier skin.
For a complimentary skin care consultation please submit this form or contact Spa Phoenix at 757.491.7142.[contact-form to=’[email protected]’ subject=’fall face blog consult’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]
- How To Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - July 20, 2019
- Is Fall The Best Time For Plastic Surgery In Virginia Beach? - July 10, 2019
- What Is Popular In Plastic Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - June 20, 2019
- What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery In Virginia Beach - June 10, 2019
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019