As active summer days wane with autumn’s arrival, the transition calls for seasonal skin care and repair. Summer skin, in all its tanned, exposed glory, has the appearance of health, but these same signs of participation in outdoor activities – gardening, surfing, golf, tennis – are indicators of damage with short/long term effects.
The goal of skin care during September-October is extending summer’s glow, and
repairing damage to skin.
Tips For Fall Skin Care
Use a non-irritating cleanser that will maintain lipid balance while gently removing excess oil, dirt and makeup.
High relative humidity is a summer climatic factor that’s kind to skin. As autumn takes you indoors to dryer environments, make up the difference by regularly applying moisturizers after bath and shower.
Buttery tanned skin takes on a dull, flaky finish, regardless of your efforts at hydration. Clear away cellular debris with a gentle, effective scrub containing anti-inflammatories and anti-irritants in a jojoba bead laden kaolin white clay base.
This is a critical time to restore collagen, elastin and antioxidants to damaged skin. Look for serums and topical applications containing Vitamin C.
As for skin care products that help to renew and refresh your skin for fall
Look for these active ingredients in transitional skin care products:
- Vitamin C: a powerful antioxidant that promotes the synthesis of collagen and blocks collagen breakdown.
- Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant that protects against ultraviolet radiation and environmental damage while improving the effectiveness of Vitamin C.
- Squalene: an extract of olive oil with powerful anti-oxidant and moisturizing properties.
The best tip of all is to start your fall skin care regimen now!
Great products to rejuvenate your skin is one step in the right direction.
The other step is to get professional help. In Virginia Beach, Spa Phoenix Spa and Salon is the only place you need to go for younger, healthier skin.
For a complimentary skin care consultation please submit this form or contact Spa Phoenix at 757.491.7142.[contact-form to=’[email protected]’ subject=’fall face blog consult’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]
- The Importance of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery Training - October 20, 2018
- Important Facts About Your Breast Implant Options - October 10, 2018
- How Breast Implants Give Confidence - September 20, 2018
- A Guide to Choosing Breast Implants and a Plastic Surgeon - September 10, 2018
- Uneven Skin Tone – How To Treat And Prevent - March 14, 2016