No teen wants angry, inflamed, pimple covered skin. I have outlined below some skin care tips below to get and maintain healthy clear skin.
- Establish a daily regimen.
Every teen, male and female, should have a basic, easy to follow three step skincare program for every day.
Cleanse to remove excess oil, dirt and makeup.
Exfoliate to prepare the dermis for skincare.
Moisturize to restore hydration.
- Use Sunscreen.
Young people treat their teen years like some sort of UV Happy Hour where the usual warnings about sun damage, and the use of sun blocks and products containing SPF, no longer apply. Sun damage in the teen years has lasting implications – use SPF now.
- Stop picking.
Mom is right. You shouldn’t touch your face so much. Consistency is the key to skincare. Every teen’s daily regimen should be unvarying in its tools: clean water, a fresh wash cloth, and non-irritating cleanser, exfoliator and moisturizer chosen for their skin condition and type.
- Escape the acne/makeup downward spiral.
Teens get blemishes. Teens cover blemishes with makeup. The wrong makeup irritates skin, causing more breakouts, which elevates makeup use. Invest in mineral cosmetics. True skincare makeup, mineral cosmetics boast pure, anti- comedogenic formulations that cover without irritating.
- Look for… the magic words that signify “good for you” on skincare/ makeup labels. look for the terms non-comedogenic, hypo or anti-allergenic, and anti-irritant. Avoid products that contain these ingredients: lanolin, DNC red dye (found in blushers and bronzers), isopropyl myristate (paraffin – a major pore clogger).
Begin skincare early. Serious commitment to skincare is not a 30th birthday afterthought. Good choices, and habits begun early, yield healthy skin through the years – with immediate benefits, too, like clearing up problem skin.
Spa Phoenix offers specialty treatments for teens desperate to say ‘adios’ to acne. Our estheticians, Heidi, Melanie, and Karen begin with intervention and education. First they apply a teen facial specially devised for younger clients with inflammation prone skin and resulting acne and blemishes.
For those who use makeup, the esthetician is an advisor who helps younger clients make sense of skincare product and makeup selection and application.
For a complimentary skin evaluation complete the form below:[contact-form to=’[email protected]’ subject=’teen skin care’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’/][contact-field label=’Phone Number’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]
- How To Find The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - July 20, 2019
- Is Fall The Best Time For Plastic Surgery In Virginia Beach? - July 10, 2019
- What Is Popular In Plastic Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - June 20, 2019
- What You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery In Virginia Beach - June 10, 2019
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019