The top 5 cosmetic surgery procedures from the The American Society of Plastic Surgery has recently been released for 2014. Over 1.6 million cosmetic surgery procedures and 13.9 million minimally invasive procedures were performed.
Top 5 Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
The total number of procedures remained about the same as in 2013.
Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) filled the number six position, closely behind facelifts. Interestingly, tummy tucks have increased 87% since 2000.
The data collected was from board certified plastic surgeons who participated in the study sharing their operative data with the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
Since 2000 the total number of cosmetic surgery procedures has decreased 12%. Liposuction has decreased 44%, while breast augmentation has increased 35%. I think the most likely explanation for the decrease in liposuction is that physicians other than plastic surgeons are performing the procedure.
Just remember when it comes to your cosmetic surgery procedure, make sure your physician is a board certified plastic surgeon, who can show you pre and postoperative photographs of patients that he or she has operated on.
Make sure the facility is accredited and that an anesthesiologist is present during the procedure to monitor you.
While cosmetic surgery is safe and performed millions of times a year, it is still a surgical procedure and needs to be approached with careful thought and planning.
- Should You Get Tummy Tuck Surgery Near Virginia Beach? - May 20, 2019
- Liposuction In Virginia Beach: Is It Right For You? - May 10, 2019
- Educate Yourself On Breast Implant Safety And Revision Surgery - April 20, 2019
- How To Choose Between Breast Augmentation And Breast Lift Surgery In Virginia Beach - April 10, 2019
- Learn About The Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures From The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - January 20, 2019