The American Society of Plastic Surgery has recently released the top cosmetic surgery procedures for 2013. Over 1.6 million cosmetic surgery procedures and 13.4 million minimally invasive procedures were performed.
The top 5 surgical procedures are
- Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
The total number of procedures remained about the same as in 2012.
The top 5 non surgical procedures include
Of the breast augmentations performed 72% were silicone and 28% were saline.
The data collected was from board certified plastic surgeons who participated in the study sharing their operative data with the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
Since 2000 the total number of cosmetic surgery procedures has decreased 12%. Liposuction has decreased 44%, while breast augmentation has increased 37%. I think the most likely explanation for the decrease in liposuction is that physicians other than plastic surgeons are performing the procedure.
Just remember when it comes to your cosmetic surgery procedure, make sure your physician is a board certified plastic surgeon, who can show you pre and postoperative photographs of patients that he has operated on. While cosmetic surgery is safe and performed millions of times a year, it is still a surgical procedure and needs to be approached with careful thought and planning.
- Learn About The Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures From The Best Plastic Surgeon In Virginia Beach - January 20, 2019
- Explore Your Breast Implant Options at Galumbeck Plastic Surgery - January 10, 2019
- Plastic Surgery Options: How To Get The Body You Want - December 20, 2018
- IDEAL IMPLANT® Structured Breast Implant Is Among The Best Breast Implants Available - December 10, 2018
- Choosing The Best Plastic Surgeon For Your Procedures - November 20, 2018